Saturday, January 08, 2005

Anger Management

I have discovered a nastiness that dwells inside me called anger. The past year (or two, or three) has given me many a good reason to be angry, and I have held on to this darkness and turned it inward. What happens to a person who holds in their anger? Well on Christmas Eve, I learned one of the effects: an emotional "snap". I got to my breaking point, and couldn't hold it in any more. So I have been advised to write, to write, and to write some more. But of course I must not write it all here, because it is far too personal, and dangerous. I must write without censure, and empty myself on pages to rid myself of the rage I feel towards M and towards the whole stinking situation. I have tried this once already this week, and it has helped me greatly, I felt lighter afterward. It is not good to hold in so much emotion, it can make one sick. Really physically sick. The important thing, of course, is to release this rage in healthful, non-harming of others, kinds of ways. I am exploring those avenues...

2 Comments:

Blogger paul bowman said...

Just don't take it out on the furniture, or on the drywall -- remember houses are people too. ;)

10:09 PM  
Blogger Joyella said...

Well if I did take it out on the drywall, I know a few people who could patch it for me :)

No, I've been thinking about getting my hands on some clay again. I am more of a 3-D, haptic kind of artist anyway... Sewing is a good outlet, but not so much for anger. So ceramics, kick-boxing or darts are some things I have been considering. Actually, just taking walks again has been helping a lot too.

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!