Thursday, November 03, 2005

Not that I really expected anything....

Yesterday was my 33rd birthday. M had the kids for dinner, and didn't even acknowledge it was my birthday. Last year he gave me a very insensitive book called "Against Love". His birthday was a couple months ago, I let the boys pick out a gift for him, they chose a Star Wars T-shirt.

It's just that we've known each other for like 20 years, so I thought he might remember with a "happy birthday", you know, since we are trying to be all "friendly" and all....whatever.

update: M called this morning and left a message on my voicemail wishing me a happy birthday and other nonsense about how he completely forgot. At least this year I know exactly where I stand with him, an afterthought, and I'm completely okay with that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!